Why is the background this color?

The Engrossed Statement

The judge at the Settled Statement Hearing may ask you to incorporate the agreed on changes in your Proposed Statement and resubmit it as the Settled Statement. If this happens, be sure to comply and to be timely. Remember to change the name of the document and to have signature lines for the judge and (if appropriate) the DA or City Attorney.

Alternatively, the judge may have his clerk or the DA or City Attorney prepare the Settled Statement.

In any case the lower court will send the Engrossed Statement to the higher court. This consists of the Settled Statement and any other relevant material (e.g., the docket, the transcript, any evidence, etc.).

Once the lower court has transferred the case, your next step is the Opening Brief.

Thank You For
Our Sponsors